JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for: managing the agronomy operation in the absence of the agronomy operations manager; perform soil testing; sales and/or delivery of fertilizer, crop protection products, and seed; fertilizer blending; consulting with producers; writing agronomy orders; training of employees; operate all agronomy equipment; maintenance of equipment; optimizing the cooperative’s market share and savings; improving the cooperative’s efficiency; providing above average customer service; and helping achieve the cooperative’s mission statement and goals.
- Current operational knowledge of all spray rigs and tender trucks located at assigned location and knowledge of applicable OSHA, EPA, and DOT regulations.
- Good working knowledge of seeds, chemicals, and fertilizer products.
- Planning, Coordinating, Communication skills.
- Organization and Analytical skills.
- Commercial Driver’s License (A) with Hazardous Materials and Tanker endorsements.
- Custom Applicator’s License.
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Computer and data entry skills.
- Ability to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
- Ability to handle emotional customers and resolve complaints.
- Frequently lift or move 50 pounds and occasionally lift or move100 pounds.
- Completes special projects as assigned by Agronomy Operations Manager.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
Eye protection is required in restricted areas. Appropriate clothing required when handling chemicals.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
A bachelor’s degree from a four year university or college or four years experience in agronomy or a related agricultural field.
- Manage the agronomy operation at the location assigned in the absence of the agronomy operations manager.
- Train employees on the operation of the agronomy equipment and the maintenance of that equipment.
- Operate spray and spreader equipment or tender trucks as needed by your location.
- Increase our market share in your assigned territory through sales of plant nutrients, crop protection, and seed products. Grow your customer base by enhancing the profitability of your customers and ensuring no product problems result from the services provided in your territory.
- Assist in the planning of sales goals and a marketing plan.
- Provide our customers with soil testing, crop scouting and weed and insect identification services.
- Improve your knowledge of all products and resources available and their prices to make proper recommendations.
- Make agronomic recommendations to customers using best management practices.
- Maintain delivery schedules to customers in a manner which increases customer satisfaction.
- Maintain knowledge of government regulations that affect your position.
- Responsible for inventory control of seeds, chemicals, and fertilizer at assigned locations.
- Work directly with Field Marketer assigned to your locations.
- Write agronomy service orders and invoice all product deliveries promptly and accurately ensuring all sales tickets and cash receipts are turned in to the office daily and the customer gets a receipt.
- Complete all reports required by your manager.
- Enforce the credit policy of Mid Kansas Coop by making credit terms known to customers, not charging to customers on COD, not extending credit to customers not approved by the credit department, not authorizing customer charges that exceed set credit limits, and keeping your personal account current.
- Maintain a positive attitude that promoted team work and a favorable image of Mid Kansas Coop.
- Follow and support the safety policies of Mid Kansas Coop.
- Follow maintenance procedures for any company equipment you are using.
- Attend all product updates and service training classes assigned by your manager.
- Complete special projects assigned by your manager.
Job involves work inside a climate-controlled office atmosphere and outside in hot and cold weather.