Primarily responsible for leading the customer service team in assisting customers and TMA branches with grain transactions. Will be responsible for new and existing employee training at any TMA branch. Will work with TMA managers to provide excellent service to internal and external customers while maintaining accurate financials.
- Planning, coordinating, communication, supervisory and training skills.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to effectively present information to customers, employees and management.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Must be accurate and detail oriented.
- Computer and data entry skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
- Ability to deal with emotional customers and employees in person and by phone. Ability to resolve complaints.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
Appropriate personal protective equipment in restricted areas.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
An associate’s degree or equivalent from a 2-year college or technical school or one year of related experience and/or training in accounting, or equivalent combination of education and training.
- Supervise the customer service team. Responsibilities include: interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Assist customers with all grain transactions, inquiries and reports.
- Responsible for resolving customer disputes and corrections.
- Supervise customer programs including but not limited to contracting, direct ship and grain bank.
- Create and update grain SOPs.
- Support employees at any TMA branch and oversee all grain corrections.
- Create training materials and conduct training programs for all new and existing employees including mergers.
- Prepare paperwork for financial and grain warehouse audits.
- Responsible for grain accounting accuracy and integrity by monitoring inbound/outbound activity, transfers, settlements, check payees, DPR adjustments, etc.
- Supervise and audit lienholders.
- Responsible for elevator longs and shorts and freight invoices.
- Assist the accounting team with freight and settlements which will include communicating with vendors.
- Responsible for various reporting, analytical, and reconciliation functions daily.
- Support month end/year end close processes including but not limited to reconciliations, interpretations, verifications, and reporting for various grain functions.
- Work with other TMA accounting managers to ensure accurate financials are maintained while providing excellent internal and external customer service, resolve problems that arise and maintain employee work-life balance.
- Complete additional projects assigned by your manager.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, or kneel; and talk or hear. The employee must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Job involves work inside a climate-controlled office atmosphere.