JOB SUMMARY: This position will assist customers with grain settlement, proof of yields and grain contracts at the facility. Daily accounting duties will be part of this position and will be focused on rail and freight settlements for Producer Ag. The position will answer the phone, weigh and probe trucks, test grain, and enter the information into the point of scale system. This person will frequently be the first contact for customers calling in to the office or walking into the office. This person is expected to greet customers immediately; wait on customers and answer customer questions or direct them to the person that can answer their question. All these tasks will be done in manner that provides superior customer service; will be done to also optimize the cooperative’s market share; it will be done in a manner that provides savings and improves the cooperative’s and customer’s efficiency; and it will be done in a manner that helps achieve the cooperative’s missions and goals. This employee will maintain a positive attitude that promotes safety and teamwork within the entire cooperative and a favorable image of the cooperative.
- The ability to promote a safety culture to perform your duties in a safe manner.
- Current knowledge of Point of Scale software.
- Working Knowledge of grain commodities, ability to learn grades and Specs.
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Must be accurate and detail oriented.
- General accounting skills
- Good computer and data entry skills.
- Ability to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
- Ability to deal with emotional customers and help resolve complaints.
- Frequently lift or move 30 pounds and occasionally lift or move 50 pounds.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
Appropriate personal protective equipment in assigned areas.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
A high school degree with Accounting knowledge.
- Will complete the following functions for the Canton Train Loader – verify scale tickets between accounting software programs, complete weekly spreadsheets and regulatory reports.
- Will complete the following TMA functions – process trains; pay truck freight; settle shuttle loader transfers; and bill local grain sales, return to farm grain, and grain bank grain.
- Promote a culture of safety and teamwork.
- Run, train, and manage scale operations which will include: training scale operators, probing grain trucks, grading grain accurately, and inputting necessary information into Point of Scale system.
- Notify elevator personnel of issues when receiving or shipping grain.
- Wait on walk in customers promptly and courteously with a friendly smile. Great customers immediately and answer incoming calls in a professional and courteous tone.
- Work with your customers to resolve problems and report any unresolved issues to your manager.
- Be able to produce grain settlements for customers accurately and professionally keeping all sensitive information confidential and discrete.
- File grain settlement sheets and other accounting paper work as assigned.
- Complete special projects assigned by TMA or Terminal Manager.