This position will wait on customers at the front counter for the sale of store items, answer the phone, weigh and probe trucks, test grain, and enter the information into the point of scale system. This position will have working knowledge of both the point of scale and the point of sale systems. Input of store sales transactions into the point of sale software, balancing the cash drawer daily, balancing the daily deposit, and monitoring the fuel inventory will also be required of this position. This person will frequently be the first contact for customers calling in to the office or walking into the office. They are expected to wait on customers at the front counter and answer the phone, along with any of their responsibilities, in a professional manner that will optimize the cooperative’s market share and savings, improve the cooperative’s efficiency, help achieve the cooperative’s mission and goals, and provide outstanding customer service. This employee will maintain a positive attitude that promotes team work within the entire cooperative and a favorable image of the cooperative.
- Current knowledge of Point of Sale and Point of Scale software.
- Knowledge of seed, feed, and fuel products and store inventory.
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Must be accurate and detail oriented.
- Computer and data entry skills.
- Ability to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
- Ability to deal with emotional customers and help resolve complaints.
- Frequently lift or move 20 pounds and occasionally lift or move 50 pounds.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
Appropriate personal protective equipment in restrictive areas.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
A high school degree with two years of college level accounting or equivalent experience.
- Run the scale, probe grain trucks, test the grain, and input necessary information into Point of Scale system.
- Input feed and counter sales transactions into the Point of Sale system.
- Monitor fuel inventory at card-trol locations and stations and order fuel as necessary.
- Balance cash drawer and deposits daily.
- Wait on walk in customers promptly and courteously with a friendly smile and answer incoming calls in a professional and courteous tone. Thank all customers for their business.
- Work with your customers to resolve problems and report any unresolved issues to your manager.
- File grain settlement sheets and other accounting paper work as assigned.
- Actively work to increase personal knowledge and skills.
- Attend training sessions as directed by your manager.
- Complete special projects assigned by your manager.
Job involves work inside a climate-controlled office atmosphere and outside in hot and cold weather.