The inventory analyst will have overall responsibility for inventory management, control and record keeping. This position was created to establish and maintain processes to ensure inventory control, adequate inventory pricing and appropriate financial statement valuation of inventory at all company locations.
- Current knowledge of applicable Great Plains and AgWorks software pertaining to their responsibilities.
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Must be accurate and detail oriented.
- Computer and data entry skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to operate the coping machines in the office.
- Ability to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
- Ability to deal with emotional customers and employees in person and by phone.
- Ability to resolve complaints.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
Appropriate personal protective equipment in restrictive areas.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
A high school degree with two years of college level accounting or related experience in inventory management.
- Conduct physical inventory counts, analyze variances and reconcile discrepancies. Determine root causes of inventory variances and propose appropriate corrective actions.
- Responsible for the inspection and verification of monthly physical inventory counts resulting in a physical observation of 75% of the total inventory value.
- Responsible for ensuring that all inventory locations follow appropriate inventory policies and guidelines and reporting non-compliance.
- Responsible for maintaining records indicating inventory storage capacities available at individual locations.
- Investigates inventory shrinkage and shortages by location and for reporting any deficiencies.
- Responsible for submitting stock reports to insurance company by the 20th of the following month.
- Responsible for preparing sales analysis reports for all significant perpetual inventory items (petroleum, fertilizer and others) and reconciling those quantities to the general ledger by the 20th of the following month.
- Responsible for receiving and maintaining original customer prepaid contracts to support the open customer prepaid contract listing and for reporting any deficiencies.
- Supervises, instructs, and trains employees annually on proper physical inventory counts and inventory procedures.
- Assist agronomy personnel in monthly fertilizer measurement reconciliations.
- Prepare location and overall fertilizer and petroleum measurement reconciliations for auditors.
- Compile pricing information for auditors for ISI and non-ISI items.
- Assist auditors in resolving any differences in year-end inventory valuations.
Job involves work inside a climate-controlled office atmosphere.