Responsible for supervising seed operations including seed sales, quality of seed plant performance, delivery timetables, maintenance on all seed related equipment, control of all seed product inventory, and maintaining safety and regulatory compliance issues. Completes special projects as assigned by area Senior Location Manager.
- Good working knowledge of seeds, chemicals, and fertilizer products.
- Planning, Coordinating, Communication, Supervisory, and Training skills.
- Organization and Analytical skills.
- Commercial Driver’s License (A) with Hazardous Materials and Tanker endorsements.
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Computer and data entry skills.
- Current knowledge of Point of Sale and Point of Scale software
- Ability to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
- Ability to handle emotional customers and resolve complaints.
- Frequently lift or move 50 pounds and occasionally lift or move 100 pounds.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
Eye protection is required in restricted areas. Appropriate clothing required when handling crop protection products.
- Oversee operational functions of location’s seed department including: operation of treatment plant, delivery trucks, and trailers; completion of seed work orders; training of treatment plant operators; quality of treated product; timeliness of deliveries; resolving of customer complaints in a timely manner.
- Operate seed cleaner in an efficient manner.
- Make agronomic recommendations to customers using best practice decisions for the grower.
- Maintain knowledge of all government regulations that affect your position.
- Oversee sale and inventory control of seed.
- Prepare and operate within budgets for all areas of responsibility.
- Work directly with Field Marketers assigned to your location.
- Attend training classes assigned by your manager.
- Improve the seed sales for your assigned territory.
- Assist with walk-in customers and serve as backup for answering phones, settling and pricing grain, and scale operation for inbound and outbound grain shipments.
- Complete special projects assigned by your manager.
Job involves work inside a climate-controlled office atmosphere and outside in hot and cold weather.