Responsible for contacting producers to present crop insurance strategies to limit the risk to the producer’s operation and to contribute to the producer’s three legged stool marketing strategy
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication.
- Computer and data entry skills.
- Ability to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference; fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Frequently lift or move 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move 50 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
Eye protection is required in restricted areas.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
An Associate’s degree or equivalent from a two year college or technical school, or six months to one year related experience in the grain industry and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Contact key TMA producers on a regular basis.
- Develop relationships with producers.
- Develop and execute a profitable crop insurance risk management strategy with producers.
- Work with the grain marketing staff, the merchandising staff, producers, and branch personnel to increase crop insurance sales.
- Train the point person program participants in your territory on producer crop insurance programs.
- Communicate record keeping and crop insurance claims needs to crop insurance record keeping person.