We are looking for the right individual to be a Custom Applicator at our Oswego, KS location. This role is responsible delivering and distributing agronomy products with company spraying, spreading and tendering equipment in a professional and safe manner that will optimize the company’s market share and savings, improve the company’s efficiency, help achieve the company's mission and goals, and provide outstanding customer service. The certified sprayer and spreader operator will maintain a positive attitude that promotes team work within the company and a favorable image of the company. We will train the skills it takes to be successful in this role.
What you will need:
- Ability to gain operational knowledge of all spray rigs and tender trucks located at assigned location and knowledge of applicable OSHA, State, EPA, and DOT regulations.
- Ability to learn operational knowledge of the equipment in the chemical and fertilizer plant.
- Able to learn working knowledge of MSDS information on chemicals and fertilizer being handled.
- Able to learn working knowledge of seeds, chemicals, and fertilizer products.
- Able to obtain Commercial Driver’s License (A) with Hazardous Materials and Tanker endorsements.
- Able to obtain Custom Applicator’s License.
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Computer and data entry skills.
- Ability to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
- Ability to deal with emotional customers and help resolve complaints.
- Frequently lift or move 50 pounds and occasionally lift or move 100 pounds.
- A high school degree or GED.
What you will do:
- Perform spraying, spreading and tendering duties properly and in accordance with (job orders) delivery tickets.
- Operate and maintain spraying, spreading and tendering equipment properly and in accordance with manufacture’s maintenance manuals and operator manuals. Report need for maintenance work or replacement of equipment to Agronomy Operations Manager when necessary.
- Mix fertilizer and chemicals properly in accordance with quality standards.
- Report inventory needs to Agronomy Operations Manager immediately.
- Invoice all product deliveries promptly and accurately, ensuring all tickets are turned in to the office accurately on a daily basis, ensure all cash receipts are turned in daily to office, and present a copy of the transaction to each customer.
- Fill out application records completely and accurately, submit application records to your supervisor daily, and inform your supervisor of discrepancies in your reports as soon as you are aware of them.
- Inform Agronomy Operations Manager of any new business opportunities.
- Greet customers promptly and courteously with a friendly smile and hello and thank them for their business. Work with your customers to resolve problems and report any possible misapplication problems to Agronomy Operations Manager.
- Ensure customers are informed of safe product handling procedures.
- Actively work to increase personal knowledge and skills.
- Attend product, merchandising, and training meetings as requested.
- Maintain a certified applicators license.
- Maintain fertilizer plant, equipment, and warehouse as assigned.
- Ensure facilities and equipment meet federal, state, and OSHA regulations. Report any unsafe working conditions to Agronomy Operations Manager.
- Work directly with Field Marketers on any location that you are helping custom apply products.
- Maintain a clean and professional appearance for yourself and your equipment.
- Complete special projects assigned by your supervisor.
Job involves work inside a climate-controlled office atmosphere and outside in hot and cold weather.