Responsible for providing consulting services to producers in the areas of crop protection, crop nutrients, soil fertility, seed, and precision ag technology. This position will provide integrated solutions utilizing MKC products and services to address yield impacting issues. This position will perform their job responsibilities in a manner to increase MKC’s market share, focusing on new and prospective growers of the future. They will drive profitability; and efficiency; while providing a superior customer experience; and helping achieve MKC’s mission statement and goals.
- Ability and willingness to sell products and services to customers.
- Exceptional ability and willingness to call on and work with prospective growers.
- Good working knowledge of the crop protection, crop nutrient, seed and technology products offered by MKC.
- Good general knowledge of Team Marketing Aliance products, services and procedures.
- Ability to interpret soil test results.
- Ability to effectively communicate in person to groups of people or to individuals, along with strong written communication skills.
- Ability to plan and coordinate meetings and events.
- Organization and analytical skills.
- Commercial Driver’s License (A) with Tanker endorsements.
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Computer and data entry skills.
- Ability to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
- Ability to handle emotional customers and resolve complaints.
- Frequently lift or move 50 pounds and occasionally lift or move 100 pounds.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
Eye protection, and hard hats is required in restricted areas. Appropriate clothing required when handling chemicals and hazardous materials.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
A bachelor’s degree from a four year university or college or four years experience in agronomy or a related agricultural field.
- Increase our market share of crop nutrients products, crop protection products, seed, technology and agronomy services in assigned territory.
- Assist other MKC departments or partners in facilitating cross sale opportunities with your assigned customers.
- Assist in the planning of sales goals and a marketing plan.
- Provide our customers with timely insightful agronomic knowledge and recommendations regarding weeds, pest, and other yield limiting issues that can be addressed by products and services MKC provides.
- Improve knowledge of all products and resources available and their prices to make proper recommendations.
- Implement Best Management Practices whenever consulting with the customers.
- Grow your customer base by enhancing their profitability, through integrated solutions and yield enhancing products.
- Manage product performance problems in your territory to facilitate a positive customer experience.
- Maintain knowledge of government regulations that affect your position.
- Maintain a positive attitude that promotes team work and a positive image of MKC.
- Work directly with Senior Location Managers, Location Managers and Agronomy Operations Managers assigned to your locations.
- Complete all necessary documentation to enable daily invoicing of the customer.
- Complete all reports required by your manager in a timely manner.
- Promote and assist with CFA and other financing tools available to growers on your assigned customer list.
- Enforce the credit policy of Mid Kansas Coop by making credit terms known to customers, not charging to customers on COD, not extending credit to customers not approved by the credit department, not authorizing customer charges that exceed set credit limits, and keeping your personal account current.
- Follow and support the safety policies of MKC.
- Follow maintenance procedures for any company equipment you are using.
- Attend all product updates and service training classes assigned by your manager.
- Complete special projects assigned by sales management.