This individual is responsible for overseeing agronomy shipping, receiving, inventory control, record keeping, of all CP products as well as enforcing the compliance and maintaining documentation required of all Federal, State, Local, and Company policy and procedures. He or she is responsible for facility equipment maintenance, will provide excellent customer service in a manner that will optimize the cooperative’s efficiency that meets the strategic objectives and mission of MKC. This position requires the employee to maintain a positive attitude that promotes team work within the entire company and favorable image. Complete all special projects as assigned by manager.
- Ability to handle logistics and inventory of incoming and outgoing shipments of agronomy products and services.
- Operational knowledge of all equipment associated with the location handling crop protection products.
- Knowledge of applicable OSHA, EPA, DOT regulations and MKC Policy & Procedures.
- Good working knowledge of chemical products.
- Planning, Coordinating and Communication skills.
- Organization and Analytical skills.
- Commercial Driver’s License (A) with Hazardous Materials and Tanker endorsements.
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Computer and data entry skills.
- Ability to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
- Ability to handle emotional customers and resolve complaints.
- Mechanical back ground with welding, cutting, and minor automotive abilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to smell. The employee must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
Eye, ear and head protection is required in restricted areas. Appropriate PPE and clothing required when handling chemicals all of which will be provided.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
A basic understanding of Crop Protection Products and the equipment associated with the delivery and storage of them.
- Oversee operational functions of warehouse including but not limited to: stocking warehouse; oversee and loading of trucks as well as customer vehicles; receiving shipments; maintaining inventory; cleaning warehouse; and resolving of customer complaints in a timely manner and creating service that correlates to a positive customer experience.
- Oversee the compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies (DOT, OSHA, EPA).
- Maintain knowledge of all government regulations that affect your position.
- Supervise the daily activities of receiving and shipping maintaining all records supplied by your supervisor either electronic or written.
- Responsible for inventory control of chemicals at assigned location.
- Prepare and operate within budgets for all areas of responsibility.
- Attend training classes assigned by your manager.
- Train employees in the operation and maintenance of equipment.
- Maintain a positive attitude that promotes team work and a favorable image of FarmKan and MKC.
- Follow and support the safety policies of MKC.
- Attend all product updates and training classes assigned by your manager.
- Complete special projects assigned by your manager.
Job involves work inside a climate-controlled office atmosphere and outside in hot and cold weather.