Plan, organize, and manage infrastructure staff and/or consultants to ensure the stable and secure operation of the organization’s IT infrastructure. This includes developing, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing key functional areas, particularly network infrastructure, server infrastructure, data communications, and telecommunications systems. The Infrastructure Manager will also manage internal and external end-user customer service and support activities to resolve hardware and software problems in a timely and professional fashion.
- Experience managing teams with responsibility for completing projects within budget and on time.
- Experience designing and/or troubleshooting network problems.
- Detailed understanding of IP addressing, IP routing protocols, Internet technologies and standards, Internet security standards, communications engineering standards, web and network access technologies, computer office software suites.
- Networking ability including: QOS, firewalls, switches, wireless access points and routers.
- Experience with Microsoft tool stack including Windows, Server, SQL, 0365.
- Experience with VM Software and server maintenance and builds.
- Interpersonal Skills – The ability to strategize, plan and collaborate with both higher- and lower-level colleagues.
- When the security and functionality of an entire IT infrastructure is on the line, you can’t afford to ignore the little things. The IT Infrastructure Manager needs to have a highly focused attention to detail.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
Eye protection and hard hats are required in restricted areas.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
A bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a related experience. Five years of IT experience, two years in a leadership role with increasing responsibilities.
- Maintains network hardware and software, including servers, voice, mobile devices, PC’s, Laptops, firewalls, switches, and wiring.
- Develops, maintains, and tests back up and disaster recovery systems and plans.
- Checks systems in order to optimize performance and to initiate recovery action after system failures.
- Manages computer operations scheduling, backup, storage, and retrieval functions.
- Active Directory and Office 365 user account maintenance.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with service providers.
- Negotiates contracts with consultants, technical personnel and vendors for products and services.
- Performs analysis of network needs and contributes to design of network architecture, integration, and installation to make sure it meets existing and future requirements of the organization.
- Works with infrastructure staff and consultants to ensure that the computer system platform provides sufficient computing resources to deliver the desired level of business performance.
- Coordinates with other departments in order to understand and meet their needs.
- Overall planning, management, and completion of I.T. infrastructure projects on a wide variety of business hardware and cloud applications.
- Establishes and controls systems access and security.
- Monitors customer service and maintains network stability, collects and analyzes network and memory utilization, and installs and tests software upgrades.
- Maintains documentation of network configurations and cabling layouts.
- Directly supervises employees and carries out supervisory responsibilities.
- Performs other non-essential duties as assigned.