JOB SUMMARY: This position is generally responsible for assisting customers with grain transactions, providing oversight for grain accounting and monitoring grain safekeeping issues.
- Current operational knowledge of the properties of corn, wheat, beans, milo, and sunflowers.
- Current knowledge of Point of Sale and Point of Scale software.
- Must be accurate and detail oriented.
- Ability to deal with emotional customers and help resolve complaints.
- Current knowledge of Ag-trax software pertaining to grain billings.
- Current knowledge of TMA Ag-trax software.
- Computer and data entry skills.
- Ability to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to taste or smell. The employee must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
Eye protection is required in restricted areas.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
A bachelor’s degree in agronomy or related agricultural and 10 years experience in the agricultural industry specializing in grain.
- Assist customers with regards to grain settlements, transfers and other grain account inquiries / report purchases and sales to Team Marketing Alliance via HMS.
- Supervising the posting of location inbound/outbound grain tickets.
- Assist customers with requested grain reports for tax, insurance and other purposes.
- Responsible for approving and setting up new grain accounts.
- Responsible for resolving any customer grain disputes.
- Responsible for compiling and monitoring monthly grain measurement reports for management.
- Responsible for monitoring inbound and outbound grain qualities.
- Responsible for immediately notifying area managers and grain department coordinator of any significant grain quality issues or shortages.
- Responsible for monitoring grain transfer controls for the assigned area and for reporting any unusual grain transfers to the grain department coordinator through an exceptions report.
- Responsible for monitoring grain check payee changes for the assigned area and for reporting any unusual payee changes to the grain department coordinator.
- Responsible for ensuring grain accounting accuracy and integrity by monitoring inbound/outbound activity, transfers, settlements, DPR adjustments, etc.
- Assist Team Marketing Alliance staff with seasonal programs for customers such as marketing pools, deferred payment contracts, price later contracts, etc.
- Communicate Team Marketing Alliance policies, requests and other information to MKC staff in assigned area.
- Undertake special projects as directed by your manager.
Job involves work inside a climate-controlled office atmosphere and outside in hot and cold weather. Job involves much lifting, stooping, standing, and climbing on ladders.