The role of the Decision Ag Consultant(DAC) is to work with the Strategic Account Managers to drive the adoption and utilization of the Optimal Acre program as well as complementary technologies like FieldView from the Climate Corp, Field Forecasting Tool or R7Tool from WinField United. The DAC will be the expert to work directly with growers during and after the initial sale to ensure that our grower-owners are able to, utilize the technology tools and services offered by MKC to make profitable decisions faster on their operation.
- Ability and willingness to sell products and services to customers.
- Good working knowledge of the crop nutrient, seed, and technology products offered by MKC.
- Good general knowledge of Team Marketing Alliance products, services, and procedures.
- Ability to work with precision software utilized by MKC.
- Good working knowledge of on-farm monitor technology.
- Ability to interpret soil test results.
- Ability to effectively communicate in person to groups of people or to individuals, along with strong written communication skills.
- Ability to plan and coordinate meetings and events.
- High level of organization and analytical skills.
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Above average computer and data entry skills.
- Ability to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
- Ability to handle emotional customers and resolve complaints.
- Frequently lift or move 50 pounds and occasionally lift or move 100 pounds.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
Eye protection and hard hats are required in restricted areas. Appropriate clothing required when handling chemicals and hazardous materials.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
A bachelor’s degree from a four-year university or college or four years experience in agronomy or a related agricultural field.
- Increase our market share of crop nutrients products, crop protection products, seed, through the utilization and implementation of technology.
- Organize grid soil tests and analysis for producers. Report results to producers/MKC seller and make variable rate recommendations when applicable.
- Assist and support MKC sellers with delivery and execution of technology to assigned growers.
- Assist in the planning and analysis of sales goals and a marketing plans.
- Assist with MKCs digital marketing efforts through planning, support, and creation of content.
- Provide internal and external customers with timely insightful technology support and analytics to drive grower profitability.
- Work with the technology team to create and provide standardized data analysis and reports to MKC sellers and growers.
- Assist with grower crop planning. Fertility Rx, seeding Rx, nitrogen Rx, zone creation, profitability analysis.
- Organize and develop map books for producers to coincide with the analysis of Optimal Acre and grid sampling.
- Improve knowledge of all technology tools, programs, and resources available to drive customer profitability through technology adoption. With an emphasis on but not limited to MKC’s Optimal Acre, FieldView from The Climate Corp, R7Tool & Data Silo from WinField United.
- Implement Best Management Practices whenever consulting with the customers.
- Grow share of wallet within customer base by enhancing their profitability, through integrated solutions and yield enhancing products.
- Work with customers to facilitate a superior customer experience.
- Maintain knowledge of government regulations that affect your position.
- Maintain a positive attitude that promotes teamwork and a positive image of MKC.
- Work directly with Senior Location Managers, Location Managers and Agronomy Operations Managers assigned to your locations to drive efficiency and a positive internal customer experience.
- Complete all necessary documentation to enable daily invoicing of the customer.
- Complete all reports required by your manager in a timely manner.
- Enforce the credit policy of Mid Kansas Coop by making credit terms known to customers, not charging to customers on COD, not extending credit to customers not approved by the credit department, not authorizing customer charges that exceed set credit limits, and keeping your personal account current.
- Follow and support the safety policies of MKC.
- Follow maintenance procedures for any company equipment you are using.
- Attend all product updates and service training classes assigned by your manager.
- Complete special projects assigned by sales management.